Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Back to work ~ the migraine/work connection. :-P

Good afternoon and happy Tuesday! Today's my first day back in the office after a leisurely and lovely 13 days off. Ah, yes, back to life - back to reality. But what I've found was absolutely astounding, and not in the best of ways. I don't know if it was the orthobionomy treatment my good friend Cynthia gave me a week ago (a kind of extremely gentle body work), or the now 10 days of a pure vegan diet I've been feeding my body, or the pure joy and relaxation of being home with my hubster and youngsters, but I have not had a migraine in DAYS! Other than the brutal case of strep throat I somehow contracted on vacation (but I was o.k. with it! antibiotics and rest abounded!) I haven't had a headache in, lets see...4 days today!! FOUR DAYS MIGRAINE FREE!! YIPPEEEEE!!!!! Mind you I was having the pesky buggers almost daily for 3+ weeks before the holidays. Now - NOTHING!

OH, and the strangest part? I haven't been taking my nightly preventative medication, either. Migrain free - naturally! WOW!!

BUT...(creepy haunting movie music in the background) the closer I got to my office this morning, the tenser my neck and shoulders became. WTF!? By the time I was walking up the stairs in my building, I almost had a headache. Back, neck and shoulders are surely tense. But as of yet, it hasn't manifested itself into my head. FINGERS CROSSED, PEOPLE!! LOL!

So: stress. #1 cause of migraines in Terri. I thunk it, but now I know it.

Oh, well, at least I KNOW it!

At the moment I"m eating a FABULOUS salad from The Kingdom (a.k.a. Whole Foods), wrapped in Nori sheets. Boy, howdy it takes some talent to eat from a nori sheet, and I don't have it! But mmmmm, mmmmm is it YUMMY!

Well, that's all for the moment, folks. I hope you have a wonderful Tuesday. Take care!!

xoxo
Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment